Environmental Sustainability - Controlling the environmental impact of our sites
Bachy Soletanche Australia is committed to an ambitious goal of the VINCI Construction group: to reduce our carbon footprint by 40% by 2030.
To achieve this goal, BSA have established a simple and structured actions aiming to reduce our direct and indirect consumption of fossil fuels as well as a real focus on reducing in CO2 produced by our cement consumption.
We are also focused on recovering our waste – establishing methodologies around Reduce, Reuse and Recycle approach. Some examples within our environmental management plan include:
· Reduction in cement content within our concrete mix with the use of alternatives to reduce overall CO2 produced from the
production of concrete.
· Designated recycling areas for waste including projects, office and equipment yards
· large proportion of our key plant engines (80 % of fuel consumption) are Tier III low emission diesel engines.
· Monitoring and measuring fuel consumption on all BSA plant and vehicles
· Efficient designs aimed at reducing concrete and reinforcement on BSA construction projects.
· Environmental noise monitoring is conducted to confirm compliance with WHS & Environmental noise guidelines.
· Environmental management plans are implemented for all Soletanche Bachy projects.
· Mobility plans aimed at reducing vehicles on projects.”